Subject: [Leica] Re: Nikon's profits tripled
From: telyt at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Sat Nov 20 17:35:06 2004

B.D., there's a very big difference between a beta product and vaporware.
Silicon Film is, was, and always be vaporware.  The R back hardware exists
and is in production, the software mostly works; the software needs tweaks
before Leica is willing to release it, but I was taking pictures with the
DMR.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com