Subject: [Leica] old Leica photo books. :-)
From: doubs43 at cox.net (Walker Smith)
Date: Sun Nov 21 21:19:13 2004

Ted, while I don't have either of the books you have just purchased, I
do have a few old books that deal with Leicas and I suppose they're
collector's items now. I inherited them from my father who bought three
of them in 1941, one in 1959 and the last in 1960.

"The Leica Book in Color" by Anton F. Baumann & edited by Kurt Peter
Karfeld  Copyright 1938 (Still in the original cardboard slip cover & in
excellent condition)

"My Leica and I" (Leica Amateurs Show Their Pictures)  Various
contributors and edited by Kurt Peter Karfeld  Copyright 1937  (Spine
taped but complete and in good condition)

"SNOW CANVAS" (Ski Men And Mountains With The Leica) by Professor
Stephen Kruckenhauser & edited by Kurt Peter Karfeld  Copyright 1937
(Spine taped but complete and in good condition)

All three of the above books were bought by my father in 1941 and are
all translations from the original German.

"My Experiences in COLOR PHOTOGRAPHY" by Dr. Paul Wolff   Prefaced by
Jacob Deschin   Copyright 1948 & purchased in 1959  (The color photos
are remarkable for the beautiful pastels IMO)

"FRITZ HENLE'S GUIDE TO ROLLEI PHOTOGRAPHY"  Copyright 1956 & purchased
in 1960   Obviously not Leica but an excellent book for anyone
interested in TLR's.

Walker