Subject: [Leica] Tale of the elusive 35/1.4 non ASPH......Still somethingto ask
From: dorysrus at mindspring.com (Don Dory)
Date: Sun Dec 12 16:19:15 2004

Luis,
I had the 35 pre ASPH Summilux before I sold it to another LUGGER.  Yes,
you can use the behavior of your 50 Summilux as a metaphor for the 35
version.  What you will find at 1.4 is that the sharp region is much
smaller on the 35 and the incidence of flare is much higher at 1.4 than
with the 50.

By 2.8 the 35 Summilux is a very nice lens indeed with only field
curvature as a flaw.  Out of focus rendition is excellent and the gray
scale rendered is superb.

Especially if you value a certain roundness to your images instead of
extreme clarity then the pre-ASPH for you.

I hope this helps.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com