Subject: [Leica] Rangefinder Basics
From: jefferys at gmail.com (Jeffery Smith)
Date: Sat Jan 1 17:11:09 2005

Let me enthusiastically support the notion of not using a flash. And
your timing is very good, in that the 40/1.4 that has just come out is
fast and cheap and good. If you can go higher than that, the CV 35/1.2
is much faster (but much bigger and costs twice as much). Sonny shot
this using mine and 400 ISO Kodak T400CN.

http://www.sonc.com/jeff_and_kid.htm

Once you have mastered NOT using flash in low light situations, you
can probably put your flashes up on ebay. I have two flash units and
have not used either one for years. You might look at some of the web
sites and images of folks who shoot with available dark using the
Noctilux 50/1.0 and 400 ISO film. If you like color instead of B&W, go
with Fuji ISO 800 film.Great stuff and works well indoors.

As Richard mentioned, there are a lot of used lenses out there. And
the 50.1.5 Nokton is a nice low-light lens for not much money.