Subject: [Leica] Re: London challenge shoot
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sat Jan 1 22:08:25 2005

Tina Manley said:
>>> And now we have to deal with
> digital and 170 exposures per 2GB card for the Mark II.  I get less
> keepers with digital because I do a lot more experimenting, but I don't
> think that is a bad thing!!<

Hi Tina,
Interesting, as I feel I do the same thing, shoot far more and quicker with
the 20D than I did with film. But like you I'm far more inclined to
"experiment" or try things I might consider with film, forget it! Digital
it's constantly " SHOOT!"

The "experimenting or shooting more" isn't a bad thing because it allows us
the opportunity to shoot things we're motivated by without any thought of
"wasting film or any of the other film reasons not to shoot."

Are the experimental frames making us any better? I don't know, in some
cases nope. Other times I feel I've shot something I'm sure I'd never have
done on film and it turns out to be a smashing great photograph. I believe
for me using digital is an amazing rejuvenation of excitement about being a
photographer. A kind of re-birth of searching for new photographs to be
taken. And it's so simple I love it. :-)

ted