Subject: [Leica] Re: Rangefinder Basics
From: ericm at pobox.com (Eric)
Date: Sun Jan 2 06:41:28 2005

Mike:

> I do a fair amount of indoor photography so
>TTL flash metering is a must.  You may find this hard to believe but I have
>never picked up or even looked through the viewfinder of a rangefinder.  My
>question is...What body and lenses would you reccomend to a new user?

I'll echo what a lot of others have said.  Flash and Leica Ms go together
like oil and water.  Yes, it can be done.  I bought an M6TTL and Metz
TTL-enabled flash.  Sold the flash this year after not having used it for a
few years.  It just never balanced right on the camera, and the 1/50th sync
speed meant that it wasn't useful for fill flash in bright light.

If you want pictures inside, you'd be hard pressed doing better than a Leica
M with fast lenses.

If you want pictures inside using flash, I'd recommend one of the latest
Canon or Nikon SLRs.

--
Eric
http://canid.com/