Subject: [Leica] Intro
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Mon Jan 3 13:31:20 2005

Dan C said:
> At least he did get decisive moments.   I'm not sure if I ever have.
> :-(<<,,

Hi Dan,
But why have that feeling? He didn't have an exclusive licence to be the
only one who caught a "perfect moment!" Not to take anything away from his
ability to see and wait for something to happen or be added to the equation
and then it was click!

Trust me, I bet he was just as lucky at getting his moments as many on the
list are because there are some damn fine shooters here. And I'd put money
on it that in some situations he recognized a "scene" and then waited for
someone to walk in at precisely the "decisive moment!" :-)

And anyone of us who have captured a moment in time where others say, "WOW!
Is that ever great!" Quite simply, have caught the "Decisive moment!" I
believe it was someone else who coined the "decisive moment" when he was
early on at MAGNUM?

And I bet you have all kinds of decisive moments, we all have, we just
weren't involved in the world of high end international publications for 60
plus years, therefore we are the "greatest decisive moment, unknown
photographers!"  ;-) So don't shoot yourself down mon ami.

ted

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] Intro)
Message from bladman99 at yahoo.ca (Dan C) ([Leica] Intro)