Subject: [Leica] Last minute shopping
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Tue Jan 4 07:07:26 2005

Peter Dzwig offered:
Subject: Re: [Leica] Last minute shopping

> Thanks, I left the left hand window in because I had wanted to keep in the
> figure emerging from the shadow.
> > The alternate is here:
> > http://gallery.leica-users.org/album92/ChristmasEve2004Alt1>>>

> > http://gallery.leica-users.org/album92/ChristmasEve2004<<<<<<<

Hi Peter,
On the PAW selection I think the body on the left is more of a distraction,
on my screen it appears sort of there, but not.  Put your picture on the
screen, crop the window off right at the left window frame taking it out
completely.

This retains a composition balance. It also strengthens the "shopper."
Without being in his face sort of.

The alternate is cropped too tight, just the reverse of what you have in the
first. Taking the left window and other body out creates a simple clean
balance without you "standing on top of the guy." As it appears in the
second posting.

I believe another LUGGER made a similar assessment.

ted

Message from dennis at hale-pohaku.com (Dennis Painter) ([Leica] Last minute shopping)
Message from pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig) ([Leica] Last minute shopping)