Subject: [Leica] What's the story with airport security these days?
From: yup at pacbell.net (doug kim)
Date: Tue Jan 4 19:26:03 2005

i have not traveled abroad recently but each time i fly domesticall,
security will do a "hand check" for you which almost every time means that
every film cannister will be opened and wiped. don't bother leaving film in
its original shrinkwrapped, boxed packaging. they'll just rip it open to
swipe at it with the pad.

so plan on getting at the airport earlier than usual. i had around 60 rolls
on me one time, exposed and unexposed and it took security a long time to
check all that film.

doug

--
doug kim