Subject: [Leica] Aaron's PAW#52: Goodbye 2004
From: aaron.sandler at duke.edu (Aaron Sandler)
Date: Wed Jan 5 12:46:34 2005

Hi Folks,

I'm back from the holidays, and posting my final PAW from 2004, several
photos of December skies over Duke University.

http://www.duke.edu/~ajs2/PAW/2004_52/index.html

Comments, as always, are welcome.

I've now fulfilled the goal I set myself of doing a photo-a-week for the
entire year.  It's been a good experience.  I'm not sure how much my
photography has improved, but I do know that the pressure of trying to get
a shot I'm not embarrassed about each week encouraged me to carry my camera
and shoot more than I would have.  In the process, I got some nice shots I
wouldn't have otherwise got, and I met some nice folks who I wouldn't have
otherwise met.  It got me out and about and looking around more, and that's
a Very Good Thing.

I haven't quite decided whether I'll continue with my PAW.  It has been a
big commitment (in terms of time), especially at times like now when life
is busy with other things such as needing to finish my dissertation by
summer, going back to my final year of med school, applying for residency,
etc.  Maybe I'll try to post a little less regularly, but sticking to shots
of a little higher quality.  It was always rather disappointing whenever I
put up a photo I wasn't all that proud of after a couple of weeks of shots
that I liked a lot...it seemed to dilute the power of the good ones.

We'll see, I'm still figuring it out.

Happy New Year!

Best,
Aaron