Subject: [Leica] Re: PAW for the next two weeks
From: firkin at balhpl01.ncable.net.au (firkin)
Date: Wed Jan 5 16:22:37 2005

G'day,
I really don't think PAW means you have to go digital: come now, photography
is not point and shoot, it involves projects, film, cameras, events,
development, printing displaying etc etc. Producing a PICTURE A WEEK, is not
snapping off images every week just to meet a deadline. Its about working on
your projects, taking images and giving the group images to comment on each
week. Someone is doing a PAW from the darkroom: this is legitimately
displayed here IMHO. I admit PAW can be daunting, and that is one reason
I've not done it till this year, but I will not be "forcing" rubbish on the
group just because the only image I can snap needs to be done with a digital
p&s camera. I started FOM2 to encourage use of the cameras 4.25 years ago,
to allow members to present images for discussion and eventual review and
judging. So I hope lots of you will be getting involved this year, trying to
improve your photography and giving us plenty of variety. I hope Tom will be
opening the submission board soon.

Cheers

Alastair Firkin @ work ;-)

http://www.afirkin.com