Subject: [Leica] Best CLA in NYC, Brooklyn
From: jefferys at gmail.com (Jeffery Smith)
Date: Wed Jan 5 17:36:01 2005

I can only answer the last question. I'm not trying to be a wise guy,
but "When it needs to be done" is what I'd have to answer. I have
found that unused cameras need it more than often-used cameras if the
viewfinder gets foggy or the lubricants get gummy. Some people who
like to shoot in subzero weather have their cameras winterized by
having all liquid lubricant removed. I assume that something like
graphite is smeared on there (I would hope). But if the rangefinder is
not out of alignment, the meter is working, and the shutter speeds are
right on, just shoot it.

This week, I'm sending in 3 cameras for a CLA.
(1) Hexar RF - having it adjusted so it will focus correctly with a
fast Leica lens.
(2) Leica M5 - meter is dead
(3) Leica M4 - viewfinder is hazy

I expect to pay about $300 for the three to be repaired. I hope.