Subject: [Leica] Philip Borges at the Bowers Museum, California
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Thu Jan 6 06:12:36 2005

I saw maybe 50 originals.  All around 20x30 print sizes or bigger.  Even
after examining them very closely, I could not tell if they were Photoshop
or natural images.  If you inspect the hints ( shadows, DOF, detail , etc.)
it only confuses you more.

But for all that techie talk, they are incredibly well done.  You do not get
the full impact unless you read the story that goes with each image.  The
short story of the person.  It is really a magnificent body of work.

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

Having said that, my wife doesn't like the pictures of Philip Borges, she
feels they look "too much done by computers".  I do like them.