Subject: [Leica] Re: RE: Best CLA in NYC, Brooklyn
From: msmall at aya.yale.edu (Marc James Small)
Date: Thu Jan 6 10:02:49 2005

At 12:38 PM 1/6/05 -0800, Robert Marvin wrote:
>CLAs to my two screw-mount Leicas were done by John Maddox in South
>Carolina, but, in Brooklyn, you might want to try Eddie Smolov , Active
>Camera at Photofaction, 117 7th Ave, near President Street in Park
>Slope. I've only had Eddie repair Pentacon Six and Kiev medium format
>equipment  but my impression is that he can work on any mechanical
>cameras. He's told me that he works on Leicas and he  sells Leicas that
>he has CLAed. Marc Small, I believe, has used Eddie for repairs
>(although probably not on Leicas)--perhaps he'd care to comment.

I had Eddie overhaul a Leica IIIF RDST once and he did a magnificent job.
I'd not hesitate to use him on a Leica again.

Marc

msmall@infionline.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!

Replies: Reply from jefferys at gmail.com (Jeffery Smith) ([Leica] Re: RE: Best CLA in NYC, Brooklyn)