Subject: [Leica] Flatbed scanners for photographs
From: ruben at rhodos.dk (Ruben)
Date: Thu Jan 6 12:34:50 2005

I have a large A3  flatbed scanner, UMAX Mirage - its only 1400 x 1400 dpi
and D Max is probably low but for paper originals in colour it is ok but it
is superiour for scanning material that has been printed removing the
"screen dots" - with a raster/dot mesure tool I mesure the number of
dots/lines in the print an through costum setting I can set the scanner to
move them - I works much better then any other anti-dot scanner I have tryed
and it has come in handy at times when I have been waiting for a Museum
Transperancy to arive from the other side of the world and finally had to
make the reproduction from a book because I was to close to the printers
deadline.
I wish UMAX would make this scanner A3 + size - 4,2 DMAX and 4000 dpi - It
takes tranparancys but that i really bad