Subject: [Leica] When worlds collide: Dresden Dolls
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Fri Jan 7 08:22:06 2005

My youngest daughter, home for Christmas from her first year at college, was
all excited by a musical act she'd seen in Boston, and wanted me to watch
some Dresden Dolls music videos. I was entranced by their number "Coin
operated boy" and told her.

She showed me that she had some pictures bookmarked on their website.
Dutiful dad that I am, I went to look at my daughter's favorite pictures.

The very first picture that she showed me, which she said was "the best",
caused me to think. "Hmm. That picture looks like Kyle Cassidy's style.
Somebody is plagiarizing it."

Then I squinted my old eyes at the picture, and realized that Kyle Cassidy
*did* take it:

http://dresdendolls.com/gallery/photo.album/gallery02/pages/25_dresden5.htm

I said "I know the photographer who took that picture! He's great!".

She said, "Oh, dad, that's the coolest thing over. You've actually *met*
him?"

"Yup", I boasted.

So I gained hundreds of parent points for having met Kyle Cassidy.

Thanks, Kyle. Keep smashing that brick wall. It'll come unstuck.

Replies: Reply from durling at cox.net (Mike Durling) ([Leica] When worlds collide: Dresden Dolls)