Subject: [Leica] Re: American Robin
From: lowiemanuel at yahoo.ca (Emanuel Lowi)
Date: Fri Jan 7 14:26:40 2005

In my experience, wildlife photography in general and
bird photography in particular are the most difficult
kinds of photography there are.

Animals spend most of their lives avoiding being
caught by stalkers. But we camera-laden (Leica or
whatever) humans tend to be mighty obvious about our
intentions. We love making noise. And we smell bad.

With something like sports photography, a high-speed
motorized camera can help you improve your chances of
getting the goods. That doesn't work with birds or
many other quick animals. They don't run/jump/fly in
straight lines!

that's a bird of a different colour. There, one is
faced with the task of making the often ordinary
(people) look absolutely fabulous while they're
thronged by everybody they've ever  known. Yeh right.

There are lots of fine shooters on the LUG. For me,
Doug H. is right up there at the top. Try to do what
he does (as brave John C. has, to his chagrin) and
you'll soon see why.

Emanuel

Replies: Reply from buzz.hausner at verizon.net (Buzz Hausner) ([Leica] Re: American Robin)