Subject: [Leica] Two new galleries from Poland
From: nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sun Jan 9 13:07:21 2005

Besides the PAWs I posted the other day, I of course came back from
Poland with a bunch of other pictures. So I have uploaded two new
galleries. The first shows various scenes from Wroclaw, the city where I
was born. It has undergone many changes since the fall of communism in
1989, but there are areas outside the city center which do not look much
improved. I try to show the pretty and the ugly, they both define the place:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/indexbreslau.html

The second gallery is more touristy--we took a 2-day trip to Cracow,
Poland's original capital and considered its most beautiful city. We
visited the centre (including Kazimierz, the old Jewish quarter, which
is extremely well preserved, and in contrast to other such places in
Polish cities, is alive and not just a museum). We also went to
Wieliczka, a salt mine which dates from the Middle Ages, and where salt
was mined until 7 years ago. All the statues you see are carved in salt.
In addition, this gallery also includes some pictures from the Jasna
G?ra monastery in Czestochowa, Poland's holiest Catholic shrine (about
90 km from Cracow):
http://www.nathanfoto.com/indexkrakau.html

Comments welcome as always. For the technically inclined, all pictures
were taken with the Canon 20D and a variety of lenses, including a
couple with the Leica 100mm Apo Macro.

Nathan
--
Nathan Wajsman