Subject: [Leica] Firkin week two
From: firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin)
Date: Sun Jan 9 13:20:14 2005

This two down and a lot to go. The LUG print exchange said; "summer".
Well there has not really been much of a summer this year. I was
relying on my days at the beach and weekends in the bush, but Cliches
are just that. I started gearing up for the "summer" project with a
shot of a cricket match played on a community oval in Ballarat. What
could be more "summer".

http://gallery.leica-users.org/Alastairs-PAW-2005/W2alt2

Too far away, too little impact, no inspiration, so off to the beach.
Children playing in the sand:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/Alastairs-PAW-2005/W2alt5

Playing 'stick' on the beach:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/Alastairs-PAW-2005/W2alt3

Ok, I need to think. Summer hot dry, there has been a drought in
Australia and the lake is very low. Boatsheds on the lake sans water.
Now there is a good summer shot. Caught up in the dogs leads and trying
to get a good angle, it almost works, but somehow it still looks like
mess, and in none of the shots did I quite get the feeling of dry hot
summers days: the light was not right, and when it stinks, so do your
images ;-)

http://gallery.leica-users.org/Alastairs-PAW-2005/W2alt1

On the way home I tried taking some kangaroo paw: well its a PAW after
all.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/Alastairs-PAW-2005/W2alt4

Still felt like rubbish, so off to the bush and the great River Red
gum: I have a lot of trouble with the Australian bush. Its not "pretty"
in fact its pretty messy, so finding a clean dramatic image is always
difficult (for me). I am beginning to learn some tricks, but although I
put this up as this weeks PAW, I was still not happy to submit it as a
"summer" LUG print for exchange.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/Alastairs-PAW-2005/Week2

Comments would be delightful ;-)

Cheers