Subject: [Leica] OT ! a naked walmart
From: wlarsen at ocsnet.net (Will)
Date: Sun Jan 9 17:08:43 2005

Marc James Small writes:

>At 07:17 PM 1/9/05 -0500, Chandos Michael Brown wrote:
>

>>Most "USians" believe that Saddam Hussein and Osama Ben Laden are blood
>>kin, too, Marc. So what?
>>
>>And the NYRB is hardly the only source for information on Walmart's
>>labor practices.  See, as one of many dozens of articles, what
>>BusinessWeek has to say:
>>
>>http://www.businessweek.com/bwdaily/dnflash/jan2004/nf20040128_6990_db01
>>4.htm
>>
>>But it, I don't doubt, you view as yet another organ of leftist
>>agitprop.
>>

>BUSINESS WEEK is a moderate leftish organ, akin to MARKETPLACE on National
>Public Radio.  As long as you understand its biases, you are in good shape
>to obtain some valuable information there.  Such is not the case with the
>NEW YORK REVIEW OF BOOKS, which is simply neo-Marxist in its approach and
>tone.

Good Lord:   Marc, you have changed your email address to the more
"tony" edu address...   and now I have to re-do my spam filter  There is
a real reason that, despite  being a avid rollei user, I don't subscribe
to your list.  You are the only person that was filterted... now I am
sure that I can somehow reconfigure the  Thunderbird filter/.

Replies: Reply from daniel.ridings at edd.uio.no (Daniel Ridings) ([Leica] ROLLEI was OT ! a naked walmart)
Message from msmall at aya.yale.edu (Marc James Small) ([Leica] OT ! a naked walmart)