Subject: [Leica] Zeiss Ikon Focus Shift
From: corkflor at iol.ie (Alex Hurst)
Date: Mon Jan 10 08:25:03 2005

Bill wrote in part:

>So, it would seem that the primary beneficiary of this correction
>will be the 85/2 Sonnar, which I would expect that purchasers of
>this lens will appreciate since it is the highest priced pony in the
>stable. At the announced price, this clientele would more likely be
>professionals involved in portraiture for whom such critical
>differences are more likely to be a factor.

FWIW, this would seem to be a variation on the Nikon CRC system which
optimises focusing in close. My 85/1.4 Nikkor was apparently one of
the first short teles to have it. Nikon also use it on a number of
other fast lenses.

Best

Alex
--
Alex Hurst
Waterfall

Tel: +353 214 543 328 (H)
        +353 214 270 907 (W)

Fax: +353 214 271 248
email: corkflor@iol.ie
Also: corkflor.2@virgin.net (when in the UK, which isn't often)
Home website: http://www.iol.ie/~corkflor/
Business website: http://www.corkflorists.com/

Pretty Good Privacy (PGP) public key available at:
http://pgpkeys.mit.edu:11371
ID: 0x5BB72019

Replies: Reply from henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff) ([Leica] Zeiss Ikon Focus Shift)