Subject: [Leica] r3 shutter is stuck?
From: jblack at ambio.net (John Black)
Date: Wed Jan 12 10:42:23 2005

> I'm new to the group and have just experienced a problem with my very
first (finally) Leica camera.  I have a R3.  When I tested the timer, the
shutter never released and now the camera is just "stuck".  The spot meter
no longer works, the shutter won't release, the film advance lever moves but
seems to be disconnected from the film spool.  Please tell me there's a
simple fix.  I haven't even loaded film in this thing yet.

> Thank you,

I know you said the batteries are new and ok, but this still sounds like a
power failure to me.  What batteries did you put in?  Also, does the battery
check work?

JB