Subject: [Leica] Visiting Berlin
From: dnygr at cshore.com (dnygr)
Date: Wed Jan 12 19:54:51 2005

There's lots to see in Berlin. In respect to food, I'd order a currywurst--a
hot dog with curry sauce. They used to taste better than they do now, but
there are still some good ones to be had. Ask around to learn where the best
ones can be found.

In the morning, be sure to have a Br?tchen, also called a Schrippe. It's
delicious with butter, marmalde, cheese, schinken (ham) or wurst. Breakfast
is my favorite meal in Germany.

Try a Berliner Weisse. Tasty wheat beer, that comes in different flavors.

If you are the curious type of person, you might want to look up some of the
places most tourists miss, for instance, Rosa Luxemburg's grave on
Friedrichstrasse or Einstein's Institute out in Dahlem.

Don't forget to make  a trip(an Abstecker) out to Potsdam and take tour of
Berlin by boat.

Wish I were going with you--Doug Nygren