Subject: [Leica]New Nikon SP 2005 Limited Edition Introduced
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Fri Jan 14 12:06:55 2005

Do you really think that Nikon kept 50 year old tooling?  If they kept the
tooling, do you think the 50's-60's era tools that used the tooling are
still around?  WHat about the mechanics that used that tool/tooling?

Talk about losing your shirt....  Old tooling, old tools, old metals, old
assembly instructions, old, old......I don't buy it for a minute.

The parts for the new SP is, in my mind, tooled recently ( 2 years) , made
on a CNC machine that is Computer controlled, and assembled somplace in
Japan or China.  Just like the recent Leica UR ( except assembly location.)

Now, proving my beliefs is another thing.......

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

Replies: Reply from mail at gpsy.com (Karen Nakamura) ([Leica]New Nikon SP 2005 Limited Edition Introduced)