Subject: [Leica] (no subject)
From: dorysrus at mindspring.com (Don Dory)
Date: Fri Jan 14 19:59:43 2005

Stein,
Metz makes some flashes
http://www.metz.de/en/photo_electronics/digital.140.html  that adapt to
TTL but the prices are no better so why bother?  The Nikon SB30 is a
nice inexpensive flash that will give you aperture priority in a very
small size.  For that matter, there are a number of small flashes from
Vivitar, Sunpack, and others that can be had for a song that will also
work on aperture priority.

Heck, I occasionally use the Leica flash that they made for one of their
P&S models and it does a great job.

In summary, if you want to use TTL flash, stay with the Leica offerings.
If you want full tilt and swivel then acquire a SC17 cord(I know there
is a new number but I don't ever recall it) or the Zeiss equivalent and
hold the flash at whatever angle works for the shot.

On the other hand, if just want a cheap flash, look at the junk bins at
camera stores for a flash that gives you a couple of aperture choices
and use one of those.  The thrysister flashes are actually pretty
accurate for most shots.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com