Subject: [Leica] 50mm 2.8 @ f5,6
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard S. Taylor)
Date: Sat Jan 15 06:19:35 2005

That's three of us, actually, and I've used the 50/2.8 in the same
way.  Never tried to take photos during the performances,though, and
would be pretty annoyed if someone near me did.   I once sat next to
a gal with a bag full of Nikons.  I saw them when she opened the bag
just before the curtain went up and reached for an N70 with a big
zoom.  I looked at the camera, then looked her hard in the eye.  End
of photography.

There are times to take pictures and times to not, I think.  Others
may disagree, of course, and at least some do apparently, judging
from the number of little flashes popping off in the upper tiers
after some of the performances.

I've never seen anyone taking photos during a performance at the MET, though.

Anyway, the current 50/2.8 is a terrific lens.