Subject: [Leica] Cleaning The Pressure Plate On A Thread Mount Leica
From: joecodi at clearsightusa.com (J. Codispoti)
Date: Sat Jan 15 18:11:43 2005

-----Original Message-----
Hi Chris,

Remove le lens and open the shutter by using T or B and clean the pressure
plate with microfiber cloth wrapped around a flat-tipped popsicle stick or
similar item and lens cleaner (the ideal tool would be a CCD stick
cleaner). If that does not remove the problem, the culprit might be grit
that has scored the surface of the plate.

Joe

Does anyone have any recommendations on cleaning the
pressure plate on a thread mount Leica? Film run
through my IIIc is exhibiting horizontal scratches on
the outer (non-emulsion) side & I want to make sure
it's not a piece of dirt, etc. stuck on the pressure
plate (or somewhere else in that area). I've tried
using blasts from my "DustGun" canned air, but that
doesn't seem to be doing the trick. I've thought about
swiping a folded microfiber cloth through the narrow
slot, but haven't done so for fear of messing up any
sensitive parts (since you can't open the back, I'm
pretty much working blind).

Thanks in advance for any advice.

=====
http://www.furcafe.com