Subject: [Leica] Elmar 50mm f2.8 thoughts/opinions
From: sethrosner at nycap.rr.com (Seth Rosner)
Date: Sat Jan 15 19:08:58 2005

Gentlepersons! I just opened my computter and saw the heavy interest in a
new production run of an LTM 50/2,8 Elmar. I take my friends on this list
seriously and if you are indeed serious and not just jerking your own
chains,  I would be very glad to call Roger Horn, President of Leica Camera
USA, Monday to inquire about the feasibility of producing a limited run of
this lens. Don't want to circumvent Roger who has become a friend so after I
speak with him, I can also call Stefan Daniel in Solms who is Leica's
product manager to discuss this project.

I have no idea what the numbers requirements would be or the possible cost
but I am certain that we can find out.

Some of you know that last October I got tossed into the inferno of LHSA and
was elected president. If the executive committee does not nix the idea, I'd
be glad to do a broadcast email to those LHSA members who are on the
internet to tell them of the LUG's interest in a special run and ask
interested LHSA members to let us know.

Does someone else have the time to collect and collate names of seriously
interested LUGGERS so we have an accurate list?

Seth