Subject: [Leica] Elmar 50mm f2.8 thoughts/opinions
From: neal at nairobisafari.com (Neal Friedenthal)
Date: Sun Jan 16 08:36:15 2005

>If we're going with a collapsible normal lens, then I would like to
>see a collapsible 50/2 Summicron in LTM rather than the Elmar. If
>we're going to get nostalgic, let's go with a lens that has been
>discontinued. And let's go with the original 50/2 design (for that
>"old" fingerprint).

>Jeffery

If we are musing about what we would really want I would agree in part with
Jeffery, lets go with an f2 Summicron collapsible but in the
 current formula.  Why go back to the old formula when you could just buy an
old summicron.  The current formula is a better lens, also
make it available in black.

Replies: Reply from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] Elmar 50mm f2.8 thoughts/opinions)
Reply from sethrosner at nycap.rr.com (Seth Rosner) ([Leica] Elmar 50mm f2.8 thoughts/opinions)