Subject: [Leica] transferring lens data to body + future of SLR vs RF
From: rdcb37 at dodo.com.au (Rick Dykstra)
Date: Thu Jan 20 01:38:33 2005

Nice thinking Jean.

The Digilux 2 is something of an example of what you're pointing too.
As soon as I looked through that I thought, 'Heavy, boxy, mirror
flapping cameras with expensive pentaprisms will soon be a thing of the
past.'

Perhaps there are some obvious advantages of having a mirror based
focussing screen system in a camera?  Exchangeable finders like with
Nikon's Fs?  Yeah, maybe.  The optical quality and real-time of current
viewfinders.  Yeah, maybe.  But at one heck of a premium.  And the
zooming manual focus of the Digilux 2 could be very easy to get used
to.

So if the R10 is the non film capable digi body, perhaps the R11 will
be the mirror-less body with an electronic viewfinder.  At least the
marketing would be interesting.

"Grandpa, why does your old camera go 'clackity-clack'?"

Rick.