Subject: [Leica] RYO M3 RF Adjustments
From: rdcb37 at dodo.com.au (Rick Dykstra)
Date: Thu Jan 20 16:50:21 2005

No! Not scepticism.  Genuine encouragement.  Then, you can tell me how
it went and I might get as brave.

Another thought.  It probably got out of whack from a bump. So, if you
bang it and check it, bang it and check it, etc,  it should eventually
line up again.  :-)

Just trying to be helpful.

Fact is, I'd love to be able to adjust my M rangefinders, but they
haven't gone out yet so I haven't had a real reason to play.
The trick with pointing the camera at the floor with a focussing screen
lying on the film guides is for real though.  It corresponds to what
the techs would do, only with properly designed gear for the job
instead of an improvisation.  It also helps gauge whether your lenses
are all adjusted to the same focussing point.  It's not too handy for
checking infinity focus though - need a tall ladder.

Rick.