Subject: [Leica] PAW3
From: s.jessurun95 at chello.nl (animal)
Date: Thu Jan 20 18:06:34 2005

> The assignment was to shoot smokers. So after quite a bit of thought, I
> decided to leave my Glock home and took cameras instead. ;-) The
> location was the Port Authority bus terminal in Manhattan. And I
> discovered how difficult it can be to shoot in post-9.11 America - I was
> hassled by a PA cab dispatcher, a lone cop, and a pair of cops - all of
> whom warned me that it's illegal to photograph the bus terminal, or
> shoot in the direction of the bus terminal. In their defense, all were
> exceedingly polite, and when I suggested that I point outwards from the
> terminal, all left me alone. But obviously it didn't dawn on any of them
> - or the morons who give them their orders, that it's far more likely
> that one of the countless suitcases being wheeled through the unguarded
> doors will contain enough high explosives to kill hundreds and perhaps
> take down the building, than it is that someone photographing the
> building poses a threat.
>
> But that aside - PAW3 and three alternates are at
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/B-D-COLEN-PAW
>
> Comments, critiques, etc.....welcome...

Somehow the picture of you and a Glock makes me laugh.Whatever might be
wrong with you, you come across as an unafraid soul who does not need the
false comfort of a dumb piece of anachronism.
Of the lot i like the lady picture numbered 8 on the site best.
As usual cannot express why but it gets across a message(sorry for the
yuckspeak as usual, i try really) of addiction of doing something she has to
do quickly without any enjoyment.
Thanks for sharing
simon jessurun,amsterdam

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] PAW3)