Subject: [Leica] History and fun
From: firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin)
Date: Thu Jan 20 22:22:29 2005

It was on January 24 in 1955 that Edward Steichen opened the original
Family of Man exhibition in NYC at the MoMA. Now almost 50 years later,
we are in the last year of our LUG project "The Family of Man 2. Those
of you who have been involved will know that it has produced many fine
images, and a collection which all of us can be proud of, BUT now is
your last chance to be involved and make the final year the best of
all. From now until the end of October, we will be taking submissions
to the project, and there will be a final judging session and display
November/December.

Of course many of you will be smiling to yourselves and wondering about
year 4: it is coming, votes continue to come in and should be collated
very soon. I am sorry for the delay, but I was away all october in
Nepal and was therefore less well organized this year --- well sound
reasonable ;-)

Ok LUG lets PAW and comment, jab and jibe and let's photograph the
world around us and prove there is more than hot air in the LUG family.
Start now and I'll be nagging all year.

Cheers and here's luck

Alastair

Replies: Reply from philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent) ([Leica] History and fun)