Subject: [Leica] Leica lenses in EOS mount (was Doomed: Leica MP 0.58x)
From: i.watts at virgin.net (Ian Watts)
Date: Fri Jan 21 21:26:45 2005

Frank Filippone wrote:
>> The same that pay  to buy R lenses....but want a decent digital
>> body.....NOW.

Wouldn't the point of offering Leica R lenses in EOS mount be to
substantially expand the market for Leica SLR lenses rather than just sell
to an existing core base of R lens buyers (whether pros with a specific
quality need or lens snobs)? For it to be a real money spinner for Leica
they will need to sell to that much larger pool of buyers who might
otherwise be buying an F2.8 zoom or an F1.4L prime. Personally, I think
Leica's SLR lenses will be a hard sell at current prices.

Feli wrote:

> Good Canon glass isn;t cheap. It's right up there with Leica and Nikon's
> pro gear. Only problem is we don't have a digital body,

I'm not sure this is true. If you look at most of Canon's L offerings they
sell for around half (or less than half) of the equivalent Leica R lens at
today's prices.

Ian Watts
--

mailto:i.watts@virgin.net