Subject: [Leica] Doomed: Leica MP 0.58x
From: feli2 at earthlink.net (Feli)
Date: Sat Jan 22 08:43:40 2005

On Jan 22, 2005, at 5:25 AM, Don Dory wrote:

> Feli,
> Nikon reported some very nice earnings for fiscal 2004.  Income
> primarily came from the stepper business and P&S camera sales.

Did the large D70 sales also give their bottom line a boost?

> The Japanese expect however that 50% of the digital camera makers to be
> bankrupt in the next two years.  Something to do with extremely rapid
> product cycles, merchants maintaining a very lean inventory so no
> supply
> chain profits, and price points that drop 10% a month.
>
> Don
> dorysrus@mindspring.com

That's what I am getting at. Even a company like Nikon, who got the
digital ball rolling
in the first place, and is firmly immersed in the market could get
wiped out by a tragic miscalculation. The whole nature of the business
has changed.

Feli

feli2@earthlink.net                     2 + 2 = 4
www.elanphotos.com