Subject: [Leica] To Keep or Not to Keep a Leica 1.4/75 M-Summilux
From: rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Sat Jan 22 11:13:11 2005

Hi Buzz

I guess I haven't explained myself well enough (english is only my 3rd-best
language). My thought was if I should make the repair or if I should not
and buy a used one for that price (as Leica has not repaired it yet, they
just sent the cost estimate). Your price estimation for a used one is too
high. For the price of the repair (EUR750 plus something for my repairman)
I could have a used one on the auction site. That's what I meant when I
wrote "pay it or get rid of it".

I like the lens very much and used it more than the 50mm lenses that I
have. The size and weight are a minus, but if the T.A. rapidgrip is
attached at the camera, handling is no problem.

I agree it doesnt make sense to keep such a lens when it's not used much.

My disappointment is mainly about the fact, that this lens is glued
together like a cheap japanese one. Could be a reason for me not to buy the
newer, but the older, mostly pre-asph, Leica lenses. Because the ability of
mechanical repairs is one of the reasons I choose Leica.

Thanks for your thoughts,
Didier

Replies: Reply from buzz.hausner at verizon.net (Buzz Hausner) ([Leica] To Keep or Not to Keep a Leica 1.4/75 M-Summilux)
Reply from bladman99 at yahoo.ca (Dan C) ([Leica] To Keep or Not to Keep a Leica 1.4/75 M-Summilux)