Subject: [Leica] It's all or nothing with you, not me
From: daniel.ridings at edd.uio.no (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Sat Jan 22 11:57:08 2005

Bob, I'm a film shooter. Irrational, but I am. But even I can see that
35mm is going to go the same route as earlier formats. Some of them
survive, but not in the mainstream anymore. I figure I'm old enough that I
can just observe it. But I would never dream of encouraging my children
(two are interested in photography) to bother with film. Why waste their
time? My son looks at me chucking the tanks back and forth and just
doesn't see the magic of it all.

I did point to a Pentax 43/1.9 lens and point out that it was as good as
the stuff I use and it disappeared. I think he processes film at school
(he's studying media).

Daniel