Subject: [Leica] PAW 3 dlridings
From: daniel.ridings at edd.uio.no (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Sun Jan 23 05:32:25 2005

The week started by watching energetic, pretty girls warm up:

http://www.dlridings.com/paw2005/3.html

Inbetween then and now I've had to edit hundreds of shots for them ...

Yesterday my wife and I took a walk in the local forest to burn some fat
(doesn't work, but makes me wonder how I would look otherwise). That, and
we wanted to see how much damage had been done by the storm a couple of
weeks ago. Literally hundreds of trees had been blown down. Some at the
roots or some just snapped if the roots didn't give.

http://www.dlridings.com/paw2005/3alt1.html

The forest is a very dangerous place to be now. There is a lot of tensed
up energy stored in the bent roots. When the trunks are sawed off there is
now longer a counter-weight. Come spring, when the ground thaws, they can
unexpectedly shoot back into place, killing anything in their way. Same
thing can happen to the workers in the forests now, trying to salvage what
timber they can.

Daniel