Subject: [Leica] Don's PAW 3 Waiting
From: dorysrus at mindspring.com (Don Dory)
Date: Sun Jan 23 07:05:18 2005

Last week we had a typical LUG discussion about the 50 Elmar.  OK, I
brought out my IIIf and an early coated Elmar and walked around for a
few days.  While passing Tommy's (the barber shop I have been
photographing for about three years now) I noticed a photographer
inside.  It seems a German magazine was doing an article on the place.

Anyway, I was drawn inside and while chatting with the photographer I
noticed this young man:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album143/tommyssitting

Any one who has been around people this age knows that if you wait a
little while things change:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album143/tommy_sbydancingII

I was using the Elmar somewhere between 3.5 and 4, not exactly its best
performance point but it does provide the old time look.

Comments always welcome.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com

Replies: Reply from sethrosner at nycap.rr.com (Seth Rosner) ([Leica] Don's PAW 3 Waiting)