Subject: [Leica] Aaron's PAW2005 #4...and a follow-up to my flatbed scanner purchase.
From: aaron.sandler at duke.edu (Aaron Sandler)
Date: Mon Jan 24 09:15:28 2005

Hi Folks,

1) On Wednesday it snowed here in Durham, NC, so during lunch I grabbed my
camera and headed out to shoot what there was to shoot.

I ended up in an arcade off the side of Duke Chapel with very nice light
reflected up and in by the snow.  It looked pretty static, but I only had
to wait a few minutes for someone to walk by and add some motion and color:
Main: http://www.duke.edu/~ajs2/PAW/2005_04/index.html

How the scene looked before she walked through:
Alt#1: http://www.duke.edu/~ajs2/PAW/2005_04/alt1.html

2) After careful consideration of all the excellent flatbed scanner advice
I received here, I bought an Epson 4170 and began experimenting.  After
having to exchange the first one (it was putting two green lines across
each scan), I'm very pleased with this scanner.  In celebration, I'm
posting two long-since-photographed-but-just-now-scanned images.

Holga on Velvia: http://www.duke.edu/~ajs2/PAW/2005_04/MFScan1.html

Rolleicord on TriX: http://www.duke.edu/~ajs2/PAW/2005_04/MFScan2.html

Comments always welcome.

Best,