Subject: [Leica] doomed?
From: jgovindaraj at eth.net (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Mon Jan 24 18:47:17 2005

If you were buying into a film camera system today, would you buy new
instead of second hand as far as Leica is concerned? They are definitely
going the Hermes way (any company that has persuaded me to shell out $150
for a necktie is worthy of respect), equating exclusivity with sky high
prices.
As far as I am concerned, if I was buying a new film camera, I would buy a
Nikon F6 in a heartbeat...the F series are at least as well built as Leica M
cameras, easier repaired, and will last forever.
Cheers
Jayanand Govindaraj
Chennai, India