Subject: [Leica] gonna go crazzie, film for the trip GO DIGITAL! ;-)
From: firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin)
Date: Wed Jan 26 17:46:28 2005

On 26/01/2005, at 1:01 PM, Ted Grant wrote:

> Alastair Firkin offered:
> Subject: Re: [Leica] gonna go crazzie, film for the trip
>

>> I really don't think you will regret it. Some times, when I use a
>> digital, I find I spend too much time looking at the images I've
>> taken and miss the next shots, or don't think about them. In nepal, I
>> found film was fine.<<<<<<<<
>
> Hi Alastair,
> The secret with the digital is, shoot without continuously going to
> the screen. Truthfully as you, I and most others have learned it's a
> hard thing to avoid. Even after a few minutes shooting.

Hi Ted, yes, that it the trick: I turn the screen off: saves battery
power as well ;-) There are traps with Digital which I would not want
to fall into on that once in  a lifetime trip and screw up my images:
so I am learning a bit of digital at home, continuing to polish old
skills and using them till the new ones are up to scratch ;-)

Cheers

Oh, and about those images ;-)

Alastair

Message from firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin) ([Leica] gonna go crazzie, film for the trip)