Subject: [Leica] doomed?
From: sethrosner at nycap.rr.com (Seth Rosner)
Date: Thu Jan 27 05:09:10 2005

From: "Vick Ko" <vick.ko@sympatico.ca>
> Do you know if Solms would be willing to do that, to older M cameras?

Vick, Leica might; it would probably be a question or price. Contact
Shintaro in Tokyo. Here was his response to my inquiry a couple of years ago
(so his prices might be a bit higher today due to the decline of the US
dollar):

>Seth:

>I have three plans for paint. This price is for Leica.
1 $500US just paint on the brass. I do not paint eyelet's and flame at back
door. It is good for the camera which is mint condition or owner doesn't
care about scars.

2 $600US  Fix dents or dings then paint on the brass. I do not paint
eyelet's and flame at back door. It is  good for the camera which has dents
or dings but has good leather.

3 $700US Fix dents or dings then paint on the brass and change leather. I do
paint eyelet's and flame at back door. It is good for the camera need total
service to be mint condition black repainted camera.

Lens: Elmar 50/3.5L $250US; Summicron 50/2   $350US (It has possibility to
get scar at coating if your lens has fog.) Summilux 50/1.4 $350US(It has
possibility to get scar at coating if your lens has fog.) Summicron 35/2
$250US; Summaron 35/2.8 $250US; Summaron 35/3.5L$250US; Summaron
35/3.5M$250US

I can't paint Summar 50/2 and Summiter 50/2; can't protect glass when take
off chrome.

Rapid winder: Vit for M $200US; Vit for lllc-lllg $200US; Pistol for lllc
$250US.
Pistol for llla-lllb $250US; Tom's Rapid winder for M $100US; Tom's Rapid
winder for L $100US.

Sent camera to

Shintaro Yaghinuma

16-1 3 chome,