Subject: [Leica] R's on 20D/was 280 2.8 on 20D
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Thu Jan 27 09:39:07 2005

embedded in the jpeg for all the images your camera shoots is a set of
"meta data" called EXIF that's tagged into all the files, RAW or JPEG.

Photoshop can easily access this information, and you can edit some parts of
it.

In Photoshop CS use the browser and click on the image whose data you
desire to examine. In the lower left pane are two tabs (on the Mac
anyway) that show either Metadata or Keywords. The Metadata tab shows
time of exposure, time digitized, and lots of camera data. There's
also IPTC data you can write: Description, Author, Copyright etc.

iPhoto will give you much of the same information but not as elegantly
as Photoshop.

Extensis Portfolio can also index based on this information.

For Windows I don't have a clue but I'm sure you can find it the same way.