Subject: [Leica] I'm done kicking myself
From: telyt at earthlink.net (Douglas Herr)
Date: Fri Jan 28 09:37:01 2005

Don Dory <dorysrus@mindspring.com> wrote:

> Check out the Canon 300 2.8 FD lenses.  This is the same optical formula
> as the EOS version but is much cheaper.  Your difficulty will be
> adapting to your beloved SL.

Good idea, DAG does the conversion for $200 w/o auto-diaphragm.  He hasn't
done an auto-diaphragm conversion yet.  Problem here is his huge backlog.

> You might check what Ken Ruth would charge to adapt the mount to SL.

worth looking into, thanks!  Doesn't calcium fluorite have a reputation for
breaking easily?  Given my recent history it's a concern.

> see if Rich Pinto will rent you one (280 APO) for reasonable amounts of
> money.

The trouble with renting is that I can't modify the mount of a lens I don't
own to fit the Leicaflexes.  The 280 f/4 APO is either 3rd-cam or ROM.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

Replies: Reply from dorysrus at mindspring.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] I'm done kicking myself)