Subject: Re: [Leica] "a la carte" &  "certified pre-owned"
From: sethrosner at nycap.rr.com (Seth Rosner)
Date: Fri Jan 28 20:26:47 2005

Didier Ludwig wrote:

> That would cannibalize their new-camera business.

Didier, how would they cannibalize their new-camera business if the resale
price were, asy, 2/3 of new price? No, I rather think they would bring in
more new Leica users.

>And I doubt if they could CLA as well (and especially as fast) as a John
>van Stelten, for instance.

John has done outstanding work for me. So has Leica Northvale and, some
years ago, Wetzlar. Why on earth you think that Solms - or any
Leica-supported service center - would not do first-rate work is beyond me.
They manufacture the blooming cameras, f'r heav'ns sake. And they have every
incentive to do well because they will warranty their work. Please!

Time, of course, is no factor whatever. They are refurbishing cameras for
resale, not on an owner's order. So they can fit the work into their
production schedules and offer the camera for sale when it is ready.

Seth