Subject: [Leica] My kitty
From: jevb at runbox.com (Jerry VanBrimmer)
Date: Sat Jan 29 16:38:54 2005

On Sat, Jan 29, 2005 at 01:10:26PM -0800, Doug Herr wrote:

> Jerry, you've got an adorable kitty (aren't they all?) but if I may offer
> some suggestions, look for simpler backgrounds and settings for your
> compositions.  There's a lot of extraneous stuff, colors, patterns, etc.,
> which distract my eye from your micro-tiger.  Some of the stuff helps tell
> the story, like the alarm clock behind the sleeping kitten, but there's
> also
> extraneous stuff that doesn't add to the picture IMHO.

Doug, thank you for your comments. But, as I'm sure you understand,
when the kitty sleeps, it's hard to move it to a more neutral
background. Or when they give you that "look to die for", you have to
shoot right then and there. All of these shots were simply "shots of
opportunity". But I totally understand what you're saying. Thanks for
your input. Your words of wisdom are *much* appreciated.

Jerry

Message from telyt at earthlink.net (Doug Herr) ([Leica] My kitty)