Subject: [Leica] Way Off Topic - KFC Ad
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun Jan 30 12:22:23 2005

John Black offered:
Subject: Re: [Leica] Way Off Topic - KFC Ad

> I thought I was the only one that gagged at this one.  It's good to know
> that at least some people out there remember when the family dinner was
> for
> something other than physical nourishment.<<<<<<<<<

G'day John,
You bet, as I recall part of it was the time we found out what everyone in
the family was doing, had to do and or who was going to wash dishes and who
would dry! :-)

Today when the grandsons are finished their meal and ask if they can leave
the table before the rest are finished, particularly the youngest boy. I ask
questions he and his brother have to become involved in and it begins a
great old family talk time. Then we're all into a mix of conversation along
with some kind of Grandma's incredible dessert! ;-).

My father, God bless his soul, was adamant about conversation during dinner
in two ways. One, we were seen eating and kept our mouth shut! As in....yer
seen but not heard while the adults were doing their thing. But obviously if
spoken to you answered. But as dessert was being prepared we were into the
conversation and never thought of leaving the table until told we could and
or family things were done.

Today? My goodness some kids I don't think rarely sit down and converse
during a meal, if they even sit down and eat. I know I'm of the old school,
however the  " no  good rotten time trials of today's always in a rush all
the time" is the failing of family communication, care of family concerns
and success of the family as a unit!.

Thank goodness there are still those who appreciate the quiet time of
dinner, family conversation and togetherness.

KFC isn't bad as a meal at times, however they're over stepping the line in
suggesting food is what dinner is all about!

ted

Replies: Reply from abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge) ([Leica] Way Off Topic - KFC Ad)
Reply from jblack at ambio.net (John Black) ([Leica] Way Off Topic - KFC Ad)
Message from ahgraves at prodigy.net (Allen Graves) ([Leica] Way Off Topic - KFC Ad)