Subject: [Leica] Japanese Camera shops?
From: wrs111445 at yahoo.com (Bill Smith)
Date: Sun Jan 30 18:51:37 2005

OK--thanks. I gues it will remain a dream.

Karen Nakamura <mail@gpsy.com> wrote:At 6:45 PM -0800 05.1.26, Bill Smith
wrote:
>Does anyone know of any Shops which sell vintage LTM stuff to
>"foreigners" by mail?

No, none of the stores that I know will sell overseas. Even the ones
that used to have stopped doing this. I think there are several
reasons:

1) Insecurity in speaking/writing english
2) Concerns over shipping/customs duties
3) Credit card fraud
4) The domestic market demand is strong enough not to worry
5) Handling returns / complaints

Karen

Karen Nakamura
http://www.photoethnography.com/blog/