Subject: [Leica] Digilux 2 Manual Focus Questions
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard S. Taylor)
Date: Tue Feb 1 18:37:26 2005

At 90 mm and 8 feet from a subject, my D2 reads 6 feet; at 28 mm, 1.5
feet.  Manual focus works fine at both focal lengths, but the
camera-to-subject distances are way off.

Also, focusing at 90 mm then zooming to 28 mm does not work.  The
lens appears to be a variable focal length lens, not a true zoom
lens.  The manual (p 133) recommends focusing at 90 mm, then zooming
back, but this clearly does not work (at least for me).

Auto focus works just fine.

Has anyone else seen this?  I'm still trying to figure out what this
camera can do and what it can't.  I've had some problems with manual
focus recently and it looks like you can't depend on the distance
scale at any focal length.  Thanks.
--
Regards,

Dick